Edmonton RV Mouse Proofing
PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT FROM CRITTERS AND RODENTS!
Your RV is your safe space when out in the wilderness or at the campsite! Unfortunately, without taking steps to protect it, it can also become a safe space for invasive pests like mice and rodents. There are many holes and entry points that mice and rodents can chew through and use your RV as a nest, inviting other mice and rodents to come in too. When placing your RV into storage for the winter, the odds of having a mouse and rodent problem increase substantially!
Edmonton RV Service has affordable options to protect your RV and ensure that when you take it out for the camping season, you don’t have to spend time cleaning up after dirty and destructive mice and rodents and repairing the damage they have caused!
Top Problems Caused By
Mice and Other Rodents
Wire Damage: Mice have a tendency to chew on wires, which can lead to electrical issues, malfunctions in appliances, or even potential fire hazards.
Contamination: Mice can spread diseases by leaving droppings, urine, and nesting materials throughout the RV, contaminating food sources and surfaces.
Odor and Decay: Dead mice can produce a strong, foul odor that’s hard to locate and remove. Over time, this can make staying in the RV very unpleasant.
Structural Damage: Mice can chew through insulation, walls, and other parts of the RV, leading to heat loss, unwanted openings, and potential structural weaknesses.
Infestation: A few mice can quickly turn into many, leading to a full-blown infestation. This increases the extent of all the aforementioned problems and can be challenging to remedy.
What Can I Do To Prevent Mice and Rodents From Coming In My RV?
Seal Entry Points:
- Regularly inspect the RV for holes, cracks, and gaps, especially in the undercarriage, plumbing, and around vents.
- Use steel wool, metal mesh, or expanding foam to seal any potential entry points as these are materials mice find difficult to chew through.
Proper Storage of Food:
- Remove all food from the RV during storage.
- Ensure that any food stored in the RV during trips is kept in airtight, rodent-proof containers.
- Place natural repellents like peppermint oil-soaked cotton balls, mothballs, or commercially available rodent repellent pouches in various locations within the RV. Mice dislike the strong scent.
Electronic Ultrasonic Repellers:
- Use ultrasonic pest repellers, which emit a high-frequency sound that is unpleasant for rodents but is usually inaudible to humans.
Regularly Clean and Maintain:
- Clean the interior of the RV thoroughly after each trip, removing any crumbs or leftovers.
- Regularly check and maintain traps or bait stations around the storage area as a precaution.
What Can Edmonton RV Do To Help?
Store It Safe Mouse Free Repellent:
We are thrilled to offer the renowned Store It Safe Mouse Free repellent in-store. This proven formula ensures that your RV remains a no-go zone for mice and other rodents, providing peace of mind especially during storage periods.
Professional Application Service:
For those who prefer a hands-free experience, our skilled service department is here to help. We provide professional application of the Store It Safe Mouse Free repellent, ensuring every nook and cranny of your RV is covered, offering optimal protection against unwanted critters.
Convenient Online Purchase and Booking:
Interested in procuring the repellent for personal use? Simply visit our online store and have Store It Safe Mouse Free delivered right to your doorstep. If you’re keen on our application services, easily contact us or book an appointment online. We aim to make the process seamless, so you can get back to enjoying the open road, rodent-free!