Getting your RV Service done so that your RV is set for Winter is essential to you enjoying next camping season. There are a few things that must be done to winterize your RV so that it continues to work in proper order for you to go camping around Edmonton when the weather warms up again.
Get Out Your Checklist
Have a look at this RV service checklist so that you keep your RV running optimally and prevent undue stress on yourself when you open your RV up again next summer.
- Be sure to turn off the refrigerator and clean it out. Leave the doors open so that it can air out.
- Clean your RV oven and leave the door slightly ajar.
- Remove all the batteries that are a dry cell from your clocks, smoke detector, gas detector, and so forth.
- All food should be taken out of your RV, even if they are non-perishable.
- Clean the awning and allow it to dry. Roll it up and place it in the locked position.
- Install bag covers on all your RVs outside vents to prevent insects from coming in and nesting.
- Lubricate all moving parts with a silicone spray to keep them from seizing.
- Make sure your air conditioner has new filters in place.
- Cover your air conditioner using an appropriate cover and not a plastic bag.
- Check all the windows and ensure that they are all closed and locked. You may want to leave one roof vent, and one sheltered window open a slight crack to help keep air flowing and that dreaded musty smell out.
- Lubricate all moving parts including hinges with WD 40. You may also want to lubricate the locks as well.
- Close all the curtains throughout your RV to prevent the sun from damaging and discoloring carpets and upholstery.
- Lower the antennas that are used for the radio or your television.
- Get vent covers for the outside vents.
- Check the underside of your RV and make sure any places rodents can get in is appropriately sealed.
- Open up all your cabinet doors and drawers and leave them open throughout the winter.
- As you perform your RV service for the winter, remember to check the tire air pressure.
- If you have a higher-end RV and it comes with appliances such as a washer and dryer or dishwasher, you want to check what the manufacturer suggests you do to winterize them.
- Throughout the winter you want to check for snow accumulation on the roof and remove it. Another good idea is to install a support for the roof to help with the weight of the snow brought on by Edmonton winters.
Make Sure You’re All Set
There are many things you should make sure to look into before closing your RV off for the winter season. When you are ready to get your RV service done for the winter, see us at Edmonton RV. We can help you get your RV winter ready so that you enjoy years of RV fun.